Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hello from Kentucky!!!

Currently John and I are staying at a Baptist Church in Sebree Kentucky. The pastor who runs the church, Bob, and his wife Violet have been housing cyclists for the past 28 years! We are staying in the youth center of the church and the children who belong to the church made us packed lunches for tomorrows ride and wrote us notes telling us how much Jesus loves us. I can't tell you how thrilled John and I are that Jesus loves us !!! What would we do without him? Ok...enough...

Our ride through Missouri finished off nicely and we left the Ozark mountains and ran into dogs and lots of them. Honestly, John has had it much worse then i have. He has been chased by many more dogs, and at times had to get off his bike and fight them off with water or even his own bike. I think it was a relief for both John and i to get out of Missouri!

We crossed the Mississippi river into Illinois and truly felt as though we were making progress on this journey. As of today, we have crossed the 2,800 mile marker and our about 250 miles away from Virginia! Can you believe it? Illinois was very short and sweet as our route took us by coal factories and back road farm country that was truly remarkable..Our last stop in Illinois was in Elizabethtown. It was right on the Ohio River and luckily we got to stay on the lawn of a hotel for free. We had a cool breeze off the river and watched the sunrise in the morning.....it was one of those mornings where we wouldn't have rather been anywhere else!

Now we will jam our way through Kentucky and make our way to Virginia. I really only have one last piece of information to share with you. That is that i started this trip at 162 pounds and now I weigh 151! John started this trip at 207 pounds and now he weighs a cool 193. When you finally see us in person, it may shock you. I hope you enjoyed the pictures above! Much love to everyone. We miss you......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, guys. Since your latest post was 4 days ago, I assume by now you are well into Kentucky and maybe even into Virginia. Today, Saturday, 7/14, I just crossed out of Virginia, over the Potomac, and into Washington, DC. If all goes as scheduled, I will arrive at my destination in 9 days. I am so not ready for this to be over. Maybe I'll ride backwards and meet up with you guys and re-ride part of the route.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.