Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good Evening from New York City!!!


John and i have made it safely to the big apple and our enjoying our first day since Nevada!!!! I think everyone would agree that we needed these days of rest. It will certainly rejuvenate us to spend some time with friends and share stories over beers and laughs....

Our trek up the Atlantic coast has been truly special. We cycled through northern Virginia and made our way to the nations capital!!! In DC we made a visit to the national monument and the lincoln memorial! It was a great place to visit, especially considering John and I had just seen the diverse communities and vast landscapes of the United States. To be honest, it was in DC that John and I finally felt that we actually biked across country, it was a remarkbale feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment....From DC we biked to my old hometown of Baltimore Maryland and got to go back to my old house and my old school. It was a special moment for me and it is exactly what this trip is all about!

Anyways, John and I are here in NYC and we will be heading to CT on saturday morning! Last nigh we went out to dinner at a resaurant where one of our friends works and another amazing moment occured. We sat down next to a couple who's daughter had cycled across the country. Immediately, they were interested in our travels, and we ended up having a great conversation with them throughout the entire meal. To our surprise, when the couple left, they ended up paying for our dinner! Can you believe that? It was such a mitzvah as we would say in Judaism, and it is one of the stories john and i will never forget. As some of you know, today is my birthday and i am being called away from the computer to celebrate!!!! John and I will keep treking to maine with passion and dedication!!!! We love ya all,


Noah & John


Weight Update:

John and I have officially lost 20 lbs on the trip.....However, we are very attractive/bearded men!!!! How you doin?

No comments: